Monday, March 28, 2011

3/28/2011

Today was a rough day. Full of death. I had a resident die that I was not only close with her but with her family as well. Due to HIPPA laws let's call her Betty. she died this morning with her daughters with her. They slept there over night, and for that I am thankful. After she passed and the mortuary came and got her, her younger daughter came up to me and put her arms around me. Which sent me into instant hysterics and told me, "we could tell you loved mom. we knew mom loved you. Even through the end her eyes would light up when you came into her room. Thank you for taking such good care of my mommy." UGH. Straight to the heart.
I came to the realization today that I DONT WANT TO BE A CAREGIVER ANYMORE. I am not in a place in my life where I am okay with being surrounded by death.
I will write more later. Now, I just need to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany